Saturday, May 14, 2011

Are you READy? Art of Possibility, Chp 1-4







This weeks reading was AMAZING.  Beginning with the story of how Ben tells a little girl, He is doing, "perfectly"....we are given new ways to think, new possibilities for living a full life.  The first parts of books are usually something I skim, or it may take me a little bit to get "into" the book.  That was not the case with Art of Possiblity by Rosamand and Benjamin Zander. The conversational, easy going style of the prose is engaging and provides a great flow as the chapters reveal a new attitude and vantage point to life.  The authors' passion and enthusiasm for their work really comes through. One of my favorite ideas was the constraints that we put on ourselves.  The unspoken, unwritten parameters that we perceive to be there that truly are not.  This was depicted with the discussion of the nine-dot puzzle, there is a square of nine-dots and the directions say to use four connected, straight lines to connect all the dots.  Most people will think they need to stay within the "box" created by the dots.  The solution is that you must make two of the lines extend outside those parameters in order to solve the puzzle.  Therefore, the image is there to remind me to always think outside the box!









I am inspired to open up my mind to new possibilities.  Just like this amazing course at Full Sail.  I can't stop telling people how awesome this program is and I always begin by saying, "I was really just an emailer" when I started and now I have been introduced to a whole new world.  I have not only been introduced but I have been taught how to be an active participant in an entirely new way of thinking that I had truly never dreamed I would be a part of.  The EMDT program has been such an inspiration, I don't want it to end... the desire is instilled within me to continue this technological journey.  Where it will lead me.... who knows? It is like learning to ride a bike, climbing a mountain, and riding a roller coaster all at the same time. I can only say that the Possibilities are endless!!

3 comments:

  1. Tiffany, what a great post. I agree 100% that people need to let go of the constraints they place on themselves, both knowingly and subconsciously. Sometimes thinking “outside the box” is a hard thing to do, especially when one is faced with a fast deadline or excessive stress or distractions. I am positive you will go very far with your newly learned skills and found ultra creative nature. You have such a rewarding position and difficult job at your school, and have many areas to help your students meet their full potential. Your possibilities, just like you said, are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book also reminded me of when I first began at Full Sail. We have chose to open a door that will take us many many places and also touch the lives of others in the process. I agree the possibilities are endless and I am so happy to have experienced such rich learning experiences, such as this book, which wouldn't have happened without Full Sail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful connection between the reading and your own experience with emdt. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete