Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wk 2 -free choice To Present or Paper?

Old School/ New School

I have been thinking about this question this week.  There are certainly pros and cons for both.  I have to go with my gut.  There is a conference that I was hoping to attend this summer,however I noticed on the bottom of the email that there is a number to call to be a presenter.  The conference is SEA Tech Camp. It is at the Sebago Alliance Tech Camp.  It is this summer and I plan on contacting them to propose my presentation regarding how effective Learning Management Systems are in collaboration with the physical classroom.  I have spent this year researching, and studying and analyzing how Moodle works in a 6th grade classroom in Falmouth, Maine.  I did not have my own classroom this year and had to ask a co worker to use his students as a platform.  I have used this site to list homework and have a communication between parents and the classroom.  The students have enjoyed using the Web 2.0 tools that I have added to the site.  I believe that the visuals of the site will create an exciting, informative presentation that will motivate educators to include an LMS as they integrate technology into their classrooms.  I look forward to showing the flexibility of personalizing the site to individual classes and using the attachments to enhance the presentation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment